wjmcomposer

wjmcomposer

Three Moments of an Explosion: Stories
China Miéville
Operation Greylord: The True Story of an Untrained Undercover Agent and America's Biggest Corruption Bust
Terrence Hake, Wayne Klatt
My Struggle: Book 2: A Man in Love
Karl Ove Knausgård, Don Bartlett
James Madison
Ralph Louis Ketcham
The Pirate Coast: Thomas Jefferson, the First Marines, and the Secret Mission of 1805
Richard Zacks

The Indian Slow Cooker: 50 Healthy, Easy, Authentic Recipes

The Indian Slow Cooker: 50 Healthy, Easy, Authentic Recipes - Anupy Singla This cookbook has the trouble of being either too simple for those with experience cooking Indian food, or being slightly too complex for the novice. However, it's NOT the fault of this book or it's author.As an amateur cook with some small experience now, cooking Indian food as authentically as I can on average 2-5 days a week, I found the book's primary usefulness that of reminding me I could just go ahead and do much of it in a crockpot. Where the book fell short for me was in the ways the recipes were modified to make them more slow cooker friendly. I felt at times as though the author wasn't sure they were making a health food book for those of Indian and Indian-American heritage, or for novices seeking to explore the flavors in India for the first time at home. Perhaps it IS of utility for the former, whom she points out suffer heart disease at an alarmingly higher rate than other genetic backgrounds. But for me, I think I'll stick with some other approachable books like the excellent 660 Curries660 Curries by Raghavan Iyer, which the author of this book even references.