wjmcomposer

wjmcomposer

Three Moments of an Explosion: Stories
China Miéville
Operation Greylord: The True Story of an Untrained Undercover Agent and America's Biggest Corruption Bust
Terrence Hake, Wayne Klatt
My Struggle: Book 2: A Man in Love
Karl Ove Knausgård, Don Bartlett
James Madison
Ralph Louis Ketcham
The Pirate Coast: Thomas Jefferson, the First Marines, and the Secret Mission of 1805
Richard Zacks

The Sun Also Rises

The Sun Also Rises - Ernest Hemingway So, there is so much written about this book, I think I'll restrain my comments to it's interaction with me rather than trying to add to the pile of comments, essays, and dissertations on the author's writing style, lifestyle, roman a clef, lost generation, anti-Semitic or homophobic, blah blah blah...I think that with anything that receives that much attention, people largely see what they want to see, find the hidden truths they themselves buried beneath the sands of time.It's not the greatest book, not the greatest I've read, nor even the greatest I've read in the last month ([b:Swann's Way|12749|Swann's Way (In Search of Lost Time, #1)|Marcel Proust|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1269255643s/12749.jpg|4830806]) I didn't love it, I liked it a lot. It's short, so go read it. And it should be read.Brass Tacks, Hemingway Style: It's a good book. A damn good book. The kind of book it's writer can hang a hat on. It wasn't the best, but it was true.