wjmcomposer

wjmcomposer

Three Moments of an Explosion: Stories
China Miéville
Operation Greylord: The True Story of an Untrained Undercover Agent and America's Biggest Corruption Bust
Terrence Hake, Wayne Klatt
My Struggle: Book 2: A Man in Love
Karl Ove Knausgård, Don Bartlett
James Madison
Ralph Louis Ketcham
The Pirate Coast: Thomas Jefferson, the First Marines, and the Secret Mission of 1805
Richard Zacks

Lidia's Favorite Recipes: 100 Foolproof Italian Dishes, from Basic Sauces to Irresistible Entrees - Lidia Matticchio Bastianich, Tanya Bastianich Manuali I'm extremely critical of cookbooks, finding little other than avarice in them. I usually feel that the author has written a quick sell, duping people into paying money for reheated leftovers of other cookbooks. When I began this book, I went in highly skeptical, even though I actually hold Lidia Bastianich in high regard based upon her excellent show, and the celebration of both authentic Italian cookery as well as the recognition that while Italian-American cookery isn't the same thing, it's of equal stature, if not of age. This book is an excellent resource, even the pasta section by itself is worth it. Will you find bizarre, cutting edge recipes? No, that's not the point. Will you find recipes carted directly off the boat by grandma? No, it's not trying to do that, although she will make frequent references to how these recipes evolved from the originals, and explain what small changes you could make to make it the traditional Italian one. If you've ever made an "authentic" Italian recipe, only to realize it really wasn't what you were hoping for, you probably wanted the version in this book. Highly Recommended.